07 June, 2011

The Lord's blessings

Hola Familia, Well this has been a good week. This coming week is the last week of the change. So that you know, now we have p-day the Monday before the changes instead of the Thursday, so I will be writing you in a week, not in 10 days. We had 4 people that came to church this week again. The 4 that came all have a baptismal date for this Saturday. There are still a couple things that they have to do first, but we should have a baptism of 2 families this Saturday. We are really excited and literally seeing miracles here. These are the people we are currently teaching: Nestor and Mercedes: They were the ones I told you about that he was having problems with drinking. One day we talked with him at a member’s house. He told us that he wasn’t going to be able to attend church for like 5 Sundays at least due to his work. We were kind of frustrated because he has a date, and it was going to fall. We were kind of overwhelmed and didn’t know what to do. We decided to teach him the W.O.W, and the Sabbath Day. We started with the latter, and he got kind of defensive at first. At that point I felt like the rest of the lesson was literally taught by the spirit through me. I asked him if he believed that God could do miracles. He said yes. I asked him if he believes that God can do miracles in our day and age. Again he said yes. I then testified to him that God can do miracles, and not only that, but that he can do them in the life of Nestor, that if he is willing to obey the commandments, God WILL bless him. I then read 1 Nephi 3:7, and pointed out that Nephi didn’t just say I will go and try… but that he said I Will go and DO. We testified that we have to have that trust in the Lord that he will help us keep his commandments. It was probably one of the most spiritual lessons I have had yet. Now he has completely stopped drinking, and he went to church on Sunday. We saw a change so big in him after that lesson. I really know that the Lord spoke to him through us. That he taught him exactly what he needed to know. I feel so blessed to have been the tool through which God blessed the life of someone. They are going to be married on Friday, and Baptized on Saturday. I now know that he has been converted, he shared his testimony with us, and he said he now knows this is the true church, and is willing to do whatever it is that the Lord tells him. Roberto and Brigida: Well Roberto is doing really well, and will be a great help to the branch here. Brigida however, was having some reason that she didn’t want to get baptized. She was being kind of weird, and we didn’t know what was going on. We decided to split them up, and talk to them separate. Apparently she has just felt left out because I talked to Roberto, and my companion to her, and she opened up and decided that she also will be baptized if it’s not too cold on Saturday. Santo and Graciela: They didn’t come to church this Sunday because Santo did something to his leg in his work. He hit it with something a couple days ago, and on Saturday he did it again. He was bed ridden, and so he couldn’t come to church, but told us he will do everything he can to come next week. We gave him a blessing of the sick, and told them we will be passing by to see how they are doing. They will be getting baptized soon as well, just a matter of time at this point. So as you can see the Lord has blessed us lots in the work here. We are finding new people to baptize, and we are finding lots of families. All the families I baptize before June 23, I can enter into the temple with them when they get sealed as a family. If I baptize any families in between June 23 and July 23, I can extend my mission a month to be able to go with them as well. We are seeing some improvement in the branch here, and as we are finding more men, we are seeing it as that we are baptizing the future bishop of the ward here. I love you all, and I am so thankful for you and all you do. I am so thankful after seeing how many fathers here are drunks, and cheat on their wives, that I have a father that has been a great example to me. I will forever be thankful for all that you have taught me, and the examples that you have been for me. Love you tons! Elder Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment