04 June, 2012

This is my work and my glory

Well, this week went well. I just got done with a leadership meeting in AsunciĆ³n. Also my companion got his ingrown toenail fixed finally. This week went well, with the usual difficulties, joys, and spirit of the missionary work.

During the week we focused a lot on finding new investigators. It's turned out to be quite the difficult task seeing as I have almost spoken to all of the people in my area. I really have talked to almost all of the houses, and so when we are looking, I literally have to search for a house that I haven't already knocked. It's been a real trial, because I want to be finding a lot of investigators, and having lots of success, but it's been tough with the fact that I already know almost all of them. We still ended up finding 10 people in the week. A lot of our time has been dedicated to searching. We set a baptismal date with Oscar (22) for the 16 of June. He said he is going to get baptized that day. Please pour out your hearts that he can be prepared and have enough of a testimony to be able to be baptized this next Saturday. We are also working with some other investigators who are starting to progress. Things are going well overall, it's just been rough with not knowing what else to do here in this area. This week, I was thinking a lot about the fact that I haven't had a whole lot of baptisms during my mission, and how I haven't become a zone leader or anything. One of the nights I felt a little bit weighed thinking about that, and I knelt down and started talking with my Heavenly Father. I asked why I had not had more success during my mission, and why things were so hard, even though I have been working as hard as I can to have success and baptize all the time. I received an impression in my mind, accompanied by a sweet feeling of peace. I heard in my mind, "This is my work, and My glory, and I will bring to pass the salvation of men in my own way and time. You have done all that I have asked of you, and my purposes will be fulfilled in it's own time." It really helped me to realize that although I may not have had a ton of baptisms in my mission, I really was able to become a different person. I have had a change of heart, which was something that I could never have achieved by myself. I am so thankful for my mission. It has changed my life, and I am forever indebted to the Lord for what I have learned and become. I wouldn't change my mission for anything. I love the missionary work.

It rained a bunch on Sunday, and so only Oscar went to church, but he is progressing well. It was a really good testimony meeting. Things are going pretty good here.

My companion is doing well. He is a really good elder, he lacks a little bit of consecrating himself more, but I'm working on that with him. He has really good desires to serve, and be a good missionary. He made a lot of changes in his life to come on the mission, so it is cool to see somebody that really had to turn their life around to come on the mission. We get along really well.

My old companion, Elder King, is assistant now. I saw him and chatted with him a little bit today in the leadership meeting. He'll be going up to Utah State as well, but he leaves 3 months after me. The leadership meeting was really good, and President gave the 5 of us that were the a chance to bear our testimonies. It was really cool to be able to be that missionary at almost the end, bearing testimony of the changes the mission has made in my life. I don't have much time, so I'll have to talk to ya more next week. Love you guys tons. Hope all is well back home. I hope you're all studying your scriptures tons, so we can have some good deep doctrine talks in a little while. ;) Love you guys.

Elder Ryan Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment