10 February, 2011

Growing in Faith

Well, it has been a long and interesting week. First off, earlier in the week, we had the pre-interview with Fernando for his baptism. In the interview, we found out that he is has issues.... but fortunately has never done anything bad with the desires, and he doesn't want to. Anyway we had the interview with the district leader, and had the baptism on Saturday. He has a strong testimony, and has a desire to stay faithful in the church. My comp baptized him, and confirmed him on Sunday. Before Saturday we had 6 people with a baptismal date. On Tuesday we recieved the changes in the District meeting..... and my comp and I both stayed here in the same area...... for the 3rd change now. I suppose I haven't learned enough patience yet, and still have to learn more or something. The biggest problem is, that I really can't get him to be obedient, because he just gets mad at me if I tell him he should be doing something, and so it is difficult to wake up on time every morning by myself, do the exercises in the dark, shower, eat in the dark, and then finally I just have to turn on the light to be able to study. I really have run out of ideas of what I can do at this point. All that I really can do is keep praying for the help of the lord. I guess I really should be grateful for this trial, because it has really brought me closer to the Lord, and I have felt his love for me stronger in these last two changes then ever before. I am just going to have to keep pushing forward as much as I can for the rest of these 6 weeks, and do what I can. I have been reading Jesus the Christ lately, which has been really cool to be able to learn more about the life and everything of Jesus Christ. I am also always trying to read Preach My Gospel so that I can know the things that I need to do better as a missionary. Well, sorry, I don't have a whole lot to say this week. I am just kind of frustrated with things right now, but I am sure things will get better. I just have really been lacking on faith these past couple of days. I love you guys, and hope all is well with you. I'll talk to you again on this Monday. Les extraño mucho. Les quiero mucho, -Elder Ryan Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment